Monday, January 17, 2011

Hello Philippines - Back to Tagaytay, Lunch at Sonya's Garden

Hello 2011.

Now we're able, me & my siblings are trying to bond on every possible moment while I'm still on vacation. Since Atcha don't want to spent an overnight out of town, we've decided to spend a day in Tagaytay. Atcha has always been fond of gardens, so we decided to drop by at Sonya's Garden for lunch. We availed their set lunch (Php610 per person), eat-all-you-can menu of salads, pasta, bread, dalandan juice & sweets.

The garden. Late that I realized I didnt have a good shot of this :(

Inside of one of the dining halls.

Another shot of the dining hall entrance.

Pati Girl's toilet hindi namin pinatawad picturan.

We're told a wedding will be held at the place 3pm later that day, eto yung on a part ng hall na setup nila. Christian wedding siguro noh?

Our entree. Fresh greens with Sonya's secret own dressing. I love it. Kids are surprised why we eat green leaves, nasanay sila sa rice meals and bread kasi. Or maybe too much play of Plants vs. Zombies in FB.

Pasta with two kinds of sauces and toppings: sun dried tomato and chicken cream with mango. Topped with ratatouille, salmon belly, shitake mushrooms, black olives, capers and grated parmesan cheese, pepperoncini. I like the red sauce, but my sis-in-law bets more on the white sauce.

We had bottomless freshly squeezed dalandan juice for drinks. Quite refreshing.


Our dessert, they call it "smashingly sinful homemade" chocolate cake. I call it just "cake", hmm, ok lang. Paired with tarragon tea. Also served are glazed sweet potato & banana rolls that I forgot to take a photo. Erin, my nephew, loves the banana roll.


Sonya's Garden also offers Bed & Breakfast accomodation for a daily rate. The package includes an overnight stay in one of the cottages, full breakfast and a complimentary dinner or lunch.

Inside of a cottage for a family accomodation.

I wonder what's this fruit name, but my nephew call it Mickey Mouse hehe.

As I was expecting more of a farm like garden, it was more of commercial now, as many other restaurant garden sprouts within Tagaytay. At napakalayo pa sa Tagaytay city proper, but at least tapos na ang curiosity ko sa kanya, as this place is on the lists of the must visits when you go to Tagaytay. I give the dining experience a 7, as I so love their salad dressing and bread. Nevertheless, in any place where good moments are shared with loved ones will always be #1. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment